Tattvaa Yogashala is the Oldest School in Rishikehs and First Ashtanga Yoga School in North India.
Tattvaa Yogashala is proud to be the only Rishikesh studio located directly on the banks of the Ganges River.
The space had been used in the past as a community center, holding events and providing food to spiritual seekers since 100 of years,
and than Tattvaa Yogashala was opened to continue serving the yoga community.
The views of the Ganges River from the hall inspire devotion to the practice. After classes, Tattvaa students often take the 10 steps down to the river to soak in the clear running river. The inside walls feature Sanscrit sutras from the book of Ramayan, reflecting love, devotion, and dedication. Adorning the large windows are colorful drapes which correlate to the 5 elements: Earth, Water, Fire, Wind, and Ether.
On the altar wall is a portrait of Swami Atma Prakash, the first yogi to practice Tapasya on this bank of the Ganges in the laste 19th century.
Swarg Ashram means Heavenly Adobe.
As the name connotes, it is a beautiful place situated in picturesqe surroundings at the foothills of Himalayas. On the left bank of the Ganges between Rishikesh and Laxmanjhula, Swarg Ashram is the spiritual "ground zero of Rishikesh, filled with a concentration of ashrams and temples. The areas is known for its healthly and satvic living environment. It is this spot from ages of yore the famous Yogis and Rishis have been performing Tapasya. Numerous mentions of this spot occurs in the holy scripture Puranas.
Swami Atma Prakash, pictured right, was the first yogi to come to the area. He established the Swarg AshramTrust who's aim is to provide all the facilities for spiritual benefit of all religious-minded peoples for the purpose of following a path of renunciation and devotion.
Most of the lodging and business on the left bank, andTattvaa Yoga Shala are leasors and participate in the below activities of the Swarg Ashram Trust:
- There are a hundred of living spaces built where Sadhus and Mahatmas are lodged free of charge - At the free Kitchen, food is given to Saints, Mahatmas and the poor in the morning and evening everyday.
- In the library, a good collection of moral religious and cultural books are maintained with a reading room.
- In the hospital, free care is given to all Saints and Mahatmas and pilgrims. The herbs are prepared with purest Himalayan herbs by the specialists.
- Tree-planting. As it is good Punya-Karma to have mango trees planted in this sacred Himalayan region, every year several thousand mango trees are planted and maintained according to the wishes the donors in the Ashram.
- Sanskrit Vidyalaya - School where free Vedic Education and food is provided to poor students.
- Modern School - Primary and Secondary Schools providing education in English & Hindi to the local children.
- Goshala - Ashram maintains a Goshala for the benefit to Sadhus.
Tattvaa Yogashala is proud to be a consistent, contributor to the Swarg Ashram Trust. A part of all proceeds go towards the Swarg Ashram goals.
Best place to visit in rishikesh, Swarg Ashram Rishikesh near ram jhula, where to visit in rishikesh, nice places to visit near ram jhula rishikesh