The Yoga Alliance Foundation (YAF) invests in yoga professionals and change-makers across the globe as they take yoga to more spaces, places, and communities through sustainable and integrative approaches.
Our approach is to:
- Provide financial assistance and robust resources to those who are “boots on the ground” offering yogic practices within historically marginalized communities; and
- Foster sustainable programs and projects that bring together local communities for a cohesive approach to long-term impact.
We do this through programs such as:
- Teaching for Equity: This program provides financial support, business-building resources, and community connection for yoga teachers serving for little to no pay in communities experiencing marginalization.
- Yoga in Refugee Communities: In 2022, the Foundation was able to support yoga as part of refugee mental health programs in Kenya, Poland, and Spain through a community-centered approach, and is developing the next stage of this global program.
- BIPOC Scholarships: The Foundation has contributed to comprehensive yoga teacher training scholarship programs for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) trainees, helping to expand diversity and representation among yoga teachers.
- Eka Business Services: This initiative provides curated business training resources and individualized, hands-on coaching for yoga professionals contending with extra barriers to access in yoga teaching and training.
Your monetary gift will strengthen and amplify the work of yoga professionals sharing this deep, healing practice in communities across the globe.
We thank you for your contribution in helping us continue to foster an expansive, accessible, and equitable yoga community.