- It is estimated that over 80 million people are interested in trying yoga in 2016, and over 36 million people already practice it in America alone.1
- In 2016, consumers spent over $16 billion on yoga classes, clothes, products, props, etc.1
- Approximately half of yoga teachers have been teaching for more than six years.1
- Yoga Alliance is a registry—we do not certify teachers or accredit schools.
- We have more than 85,500 Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT®s), 5,700 Registered Yoga Schools (RYS®s), and 10,800 Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Providers (YACEP®s).
- We are the first organization to adopt Social Credentialing, a blend of traditional credentialing and the best features of rating sites, to add oversight and rigor to our credentialing system. Since its launch in late 2013, over 43,000 trainees have provided feedback to nearly 3,400 distinct schools.
1 Yoga Journal and Yoga Alliance, 2016 Yoga in America Study, 2016