200-HR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM
Whether you are interested in learning about the art of teaching yoga or would like to deepen your own practice, our Yoga Teacher Training Program will prepare you to empower yourself and others on the path of self-transformation. As we explore the history of yoga, yoga philosophy, and the anatomical and energetic aspects of the human body, you will have the unique opportunity to study the ancient practice of yoga asana, pranayama and meditation and discover a deeper understanding of yoga and it’s relevance in modern day life.
You will be given all the tools needed to successfully take the seat of the teacher with confidence and enthusiasm. Outside of scheduled training hours, you will expand your self-awareness and knowledge of yoga through self-study, group projects, selected readings and assignments, class observation, assisting, practice-teaching, and individual seva (community service) projects. Be prepared to work hard and extend beyond your comfort zone so that you can reach your full potential as a teacher and student. Most importantly, be prepared to discover your own unique gifts and learn how to share them with others.
TRAINING TOPICS INCLUDE:
- History and philosophy of yoga through study of ancient yoga texts
- Physiological, psychological and spiritual aspects of asana, pranayama, and meditation
- Basic anatomy and physiology of the physical body and subtle energetic body
- Intensives will include: ethics, Ayurveda philosophy and lifestyle, Sanskrit, bhakti/karma yoga, mythology, sequencing, theming, marketing & the business of yoga
- Vinyasa yoga along with other Hatha yoga traditions and methods: Ashtangha, Prana Flow inspired yoga, Jivamukti, Power, Hot/Heated
- Yoga for special populations, restorative, therapeutic elements, prenatal, babies, kids & teens
- Demonstration, observation, finding your voice, practice-teaching and hands on assisting
Our program leaders are highly trained, experienced, certified and passionate about yoga. Their knowledge and enthusiasm across a variety of yoga disciplines is one of the many reasons why this training program is like no other. They are an integral part of not only the program, but also the growing community and vitality of extendYoga. Our teachers will provide guidance, mentorship and feedback to all our trainees throughout the program.