Whether you are interested in learning about the art of teaching yoga or would like to deepen your own practice, extendYoga’s 200-hr Yoga Teacher Training Program will prepare you to empower yourself and others on the path of self-transformation. As we explore the history of yoga, yoga philosophy, and the anatomical and energetic aspects of the human body, you will have the unique opportunity to study the ancient practice of yoga asana, pranayama and meditation and discover a deeper understanding of yoga and it’s relevance in modern day life.
As part of the extendYoga YTT Program, you will be immersed in a meaningful and supportive community environment that will facilitate learning, cultivate growth and foster life-long connections. Together, we will explore topics such as:
- History and philosophy of yoga through study of ancient yoga texts
- Physiological, psychological and spiritual aspects of asana, pranayama, and meditation
- Basic anatomy and physiology of the physical body and subtle energetic body
- Intensives will include: ethics, Ayurveda philosophy and lifestyle, Sanskrit, bhakti/karma yoga, mythology, sequencing, theming, marketing & the business of yoga
Our program is committed to your evolution as a yoga teacher and practitioner. We feel that it is essential to lead a well-rounded, rich, diverse and comprehensive training program that examines:
- Vinyasa yoga along with other Hatha yoga traditions and methods including: Ashtangha, Prana Flow inspired yoga, Jivamukti, Power, Hot/Heated
- Yoga for all bodies: special populations, restorative, prenatal, babies, kids & teens
- Demonstration, observation, finding your voice, practice-teaching and assisting
During our time together, you will be given all the tools needed to successfully take the seat of the teacher with confidence and enthusiasm. Outside of scheduled training hours, you will expand your self-awareness and knowledge of yoga through self-study, group projects, selected readings and assignments, class observation, assisting, practice-teaching, and individual seva (community service) projects; as well as by meeting with your program trainers and mentors. Be prepared to work hard and extend beyond your comfort zone so that you can reach your full potential as a teacher and student. And most importantly, be prepared to discover your own unique gifts and learn how to share them with others. Are you ready?