A Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) credential is earned by yoga teachers whose training and teaching experience meet Yoga Alliance Standards. An RYT must complete training with a Registered Yoga School (RYS®), be confirmed by RYS and keep current with Continuing Education and their annual fees.
Click one of the Registry Marks below to learn more about that designation.
As a RYT, you get all the benefits of a Yoga Alliance membership, like:
- An internationally-recognized credential that shows you have met our minimum standards of yoga training.
- Marketing on our RYT directory, where you can list where you teach and tell the world more about who you are as a yoga teacher.
- Access to free live Online Workshops (and a library of their recordings) which allow you to learn from leaders in the yoga community about topics like ethics, marketing and much more!
- Advocacy alerts when there are local, state and national government issues facing the yoga community.
- Invitations to community events and meet-ups that Yoga Alliance attends or hosts in your area.
- Insightful publications ranging from our monthly newsletter, Index of Yoga Research and hundreds of informative articles and videos.
- Discounts on products and services from our partners on everything from liability insurance to yoga clothes to business software.
To become a RYT, you must:
- Complete training with a Registered Yoga School (RYS®) at the 200- or 500-hour level
- Pay the applicable fees
- Review your RYS’s training
Learn more about the application process and apply today!