Continuing Education Requirements
Last Updated: July 19, 2023
Yoga Alliance believes continued learning and growth is paramount to the maintenance of high standards in yoga instruction. For this reason, all Registered Yoga Teachers (RYTs) must meet the following Continuing Education (CE) requirements in order to maintain their Yoga Alliance credential(s).
RYT CE Requirements
RYTs and E-RYTs must complete 75 hours of CE within three years from the date of their initial registration. This total number of hours must include:
- 45 hours teaching yoga; and
- 30 hours of yoga training that is directly related to one of our Educational Categories. All 30 hours may be achieved via distance learning.
All teaching and training hours can be documented within Yoga Alliance membership accounts and displayed on members’ directory profiles.
- Teaching or training hours completed prior to Yoga Alliance registration do not count as CE.
- Additional hours accumulated beyond 30 hours within a three-year period may not rollover into the next three-year period.
- Yoga Alliance recognizes CE hours as time spent learning something new through research, study, or experiential learning, rather than synthesizing or processing prior knowledge.