World Peace Yoga School is a lively, vibrant and cutting-edge ashram that differentiates itself by offering not only yogic practices but also by providing the correct understanding, traditions, context and meaning of yogic science, asana and philosophy.
Experience one month of bliss and transformation, 200 Hours Teacher Training Course
Our school’s mission is to promote world peace through spreading the yogic message of love, kindness and the commitment to spiritual development. Yoga is a beautiful and enriching way to connect with others and ourselves. We believe that no matter which country we come from or call home, we are all one.
Through the yoga teacher training courses that we provide, students will gain a full mystical comprehension of yoga to incorporate into their practice and daily lives. Our objective is to cultivate a unique spiritual and mind-body experience by drawing from our expertise in Vedanta philosophy and yoga.
There are hundreds of yoga schools, hundreds of teachers and hundreds of swamis to learn from in Rishikesh. There are countless options available for knowledge seekers but no yogic institution is quite like World Peace Yoga School. We distinguish ourselves from other yoga schools in India and all over the world by offering an ancient style with a contemporary, modern twist.
Our founder, Yogi Vishnu, had a dream to create a loving community for spiritual seekers to connect with the most profound parts of themselves and gain sacred tools and methods for uncovering a deeper truth. We invite you to share in on the realization of that dream and experience the magic.
When you join the World Peace Family, you become a part of something much bigger than yourself.
Open yourself up to the countless opportunities that only World Peace Yoga School can provide with our world renowned "200-Hour-Yoga-Teacher-Training-in-Rishikesh" Course located in magical Rishikesh, India.
We invite you to explore the divine intricacies of yoga in its many forms through our inspiring and life-changing yoga-teacher-training-program which covers all limbs of yoga and its related subjects. The program is not limited to only yoga-postures (asanas) because we believe that there is more knowledge needed to be a yoga-teacher. The program also includes Ayurveda,Yogic Nutrition and much more.
Join thousands of students from all over the globe who have experienced the true meaning of PEACE through our unique and engaging approach to teaching-yoga. Whether you are beginning or advanced in your practice, all yoga practitioners are welcome and encouraged to join this month-long program. This course is created for individuals with aspirations of becoming yoga teachers but is appropriate for any individual wishing to further expand their yoga practice. Cultivate Happiness, Self-Love and Positivity in a yoga program deeply devoted to spiritual growth and understanding.
Throughout the course, students will learn Yoga Alliance-approved curriculum in a nurturing and supportive classroom environment that caters to their individualized skills. The best spirituality teachers of India will share their experience to transform the lives of our beloved students so that they can too be messengers of peace in the world. Students will leave the program with the knowledge, experience and confidence to become the yoga teacher of their dreams.
- 200 Hours: 4 Weeks Yoga-Teacher-Training, 2017 Overview
1. Recitation of Sacred Sound (Mantra Chanting)
2. Yoga Postures (Asana)
3. Pranayama (Breathing Practices)
4. Meditation (Dhyana)
5. Yoga Nidra (Psychic Sleep)
6. Yoga Cleansing (Shatkarma)
7. Anatomy and Physiology (Sharir Vijnan)
8. Yoga Philosophy (Yoga Darshana)
9. Teaching Practice (Adhyapanam)
10. Teaching Methodology
- Course Outline:
- 1. Recitation of Sacred Sound (Mantra Chanting)
- The purpose of mantra chanting in yoga is to generate vibrations and connect with the universe. Each mantra is special and rich with spiritual energy.
- 1- Om Asato Maa Sadgamaya (Mantra from Upanishad)
- 2- Tvameva mata ca pita Tvameva (Sloka on gods)
- 3- Om Tryambakam Yajamahe ( Mantra on lord shiva)
- 4- Om sahana vavatu ( Mantra from Upanishad)
- 5- Guru Brahma Guru Vishnu Gurudevo maheshwara ( Guru stotram)
- 6- Yogena Cittasya ( Sloka on sage Patanjali)
- 7- Hare rama, Hare Krishna ( Maha mantra)
- 8- Vakratunda Mahakaya Mantra
- 2. Yoga Postures (Asana)
- Students will gain extensive knowledge on yoga postures and will increase their strength, flexibility and discipline.
- Hatha Yoga
- 1.Pawanmuktasana series 1
- 2.Pawanmuktasana serie 2
- 3.Pawanmuktasana series 3
- 4.Surya Namaskar ( sun salutation)
- 5.Chandra Namaskar (Moon salutation)
- 6.Tadasana (palm tree pose)
- 7.Triyak tadasana (swaying palm tree pose)
- 8.Trikonasana (triangle pose)
- 9.Parivirtatrikon asana – revolving triangle pose
- 10.Uttkatasana –chair pose
- 11.Virbhdrasana 1 -warrior 1
- 12.Virbhdrasana 2 -warrior 2
- 13.Virbhdrasana 3 -warrior 3
- 14.Ardha Chandrasana- Half moon pose
- 15.Vriksasana – tree pose
- 16.Parvatasana – mountain pose
- 17.Adho mukha svanasana – downward facing dog
- 18.Kati chakrasana – waist rotating pose
- 19.Malasana – squatted yoga pose
- 20.Garudasana – eagle pose
- 21.Baddha Konasana- bound angle pose
- 22.Rajkapoot asana – pegion pose
- 23.Bhujanghasana – cobra pose
- 24.Urdhva mukha svanasana –upward facing dog
- 26.Setu Bhandasana
- 30.Supta Virasana- reclining hero pose
- 31.Virasana –hero pose
- 32.Vajrasana –thunderbolt
- 36.Ardha Matsyendrasana
- Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- Coverage: Alignment, Drishti, Adjustment, Options
- Surya Namaskar A
- Surya Namaskar B
- Full Primary Series:
- 3.Utthita Trikonasana
- 4.Parivrtta Trikonasana
- 5.Utthita Parsvakonasana
- 6.Parivrtta Parsvakonasana
- 7.Prasarita Padottanasana A B C & D
- 9.Eka Pada Padangusthasana A B C & D
- 10.Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana
- 12.Virabhadrasana A & B
- 14.Paschimottanasana A B C & D
- 16.Ardha Baddha Padma Uttanasana
- 17.Triang Mukaikapada Pashimottanasana
- 18.Janu Sirsasana A B & C
- 19.Marichyasana A B C & D
- 23.Supta Kurmasana
- 24.Garbha Pindasana
- 26.Baddha Konasana A & B
- 28.Upavishta Konasana
- 29.Supta Konasana
- 30.Supta Padangusthasana A & B
- 31.Ubhaya Padanghusthasana
- 32.Urdhva Mukha Pashimottanasana
- 33.Setu Bandhasana
- 34.Urdhva Dhanurasana
- 35.Salamba Sarvangasana
- 38.Urdhva Pindasana
- 40.Urdhva Padmasana
- 42.Urdhva Dandasana
- 43.Baddha Padmasana
- 46. Savasana
- 3. Pranayama (Breathing Practices)
- Pranayama is an ancient yogic breathing technique that is used as preparation for meditation and is a vital aspect of practicing yoga. It improves the respiratory system and purifies the body and mind.
- Week 1
- Introduction of Pranayama , Benefits of pranayama , General guidelines
- Clavicular , Thorocic and Diaphragmatic Breathing (Yogic Breathing)
- Nadi – Sodhana
- Surya – Bhedi & Chandra – Bhedi
- Sheetali & Sheetkari
- Week 2
- Sitting postures for pranayama sadhana-
- 1- Easy pose
- 2- Half-lotus
- 3- Swastikasana
- 4- siddha yoni asana
- Week 3
- Mudras (Yoga Gestures)
- The practice of Mudra hand gestures is an ancient facet of yoga. Performing gestures effects the energy flow of the body and can change a person's spiritual and mental characteristics.
- Jnana mudra
- Chin mudra
- Yoni mudra
- Bhairava mudra Shambhavi mudra
- Yoga Bandhas (Energy Lock)
- The practice of Bandhas expands the lung capacity and breathing capabilities during yoga. It also strengthens the entire body from the inside out.
- Uddiyana Jalandhar
- Mula & Maha Bandha Teaching
- Week 4
- 4. Meditation (Dhyana)
- Meditation is a systematic practice that promotes physical, mental and emotional tranquility with the purpose of reaching Samadhi (self-realization).
- Breathing Awareness Meditation Om / Mantra Meditation TratakaDynamic meditationTips for developing concertationSilence PracticeAjapa japaAntar mouna
- 5. Yoga Nidra (Psychic Sleep)
- When a yoga practitioner moves through the various internal states of Yoga Nidra, a profound experience of relaxation occurs. This is called "Turiya," a sensation of pure bliss.
- Basic Relaxation Tension Relaxation Full Body Relaxation
- 6. Yoga Cleansing (Shatkarma)
- Yogic cleansing exercises are important to learn how to incorporate your breath and meditate properly during physical aspects of yoga. It also removes the blockages in the energy channels.
- Rubber-netiJalanetiKapalbhati- cleansing the lungs
- 7. Anatomy and Physiology (Sharir Vijnan)
- Proper understanding of the physical body will help to prevent injury before, during and after practice. There are two kinds of yoga anatomy: physical and spiritual. Understanding both types are needed.
- Brief overview:
- Digestive System
- Respiratory System
- Circulatory System
- Nervous System
- Endocrine System
- Bodily systems
- Guidelines in Studying Asana Anatomy
- Muscular System
- Skeletal Sytem
- Muscle Functions according
- to Joint Movements
- 8. Yoga Philosophy (Yoga Darshana)
- Yoga Philosophy is the foundation of our yoga practice and is the key to earn yogic strength. Through the path of Vedanta Philosophy, you will establish a solid, well-rounded yoga practice.
- Week 1
- Introduction to yoga ,its philosophy and evolution
- Introduction to yoga sutras of patanjali
- Definition of yoga
- 4 aspects of mind and its functions
- Daily Schedule of a yoga student
- Principles of 5 Basic element & 10 Senses
- Week 2
- Yama , Niyama (4 days)
- Asana , Pranayama & Pratyahara , Dharana , Dhyan , Samadhi (2 Days)
- Week 3
- Pancha – Vayus
- Sattva , Rajas & Tamas (Triguna)
- Introduction to chakras and its functions
- Three Doshas
- Week 4
- 4 padas of yoga sutras
- Lives of yogis (Inspiring stories)
- Diet & Nutrition for a yogi
- Question & Answers
- 9. Teaching Practice (Adhyapanam)
- Students will take turns practicing their teaching skills by performing in front of their peers and teachers.
- Demonstration Alignment Instructions
- 10. Teaching Methodology
- A yoga teacher should efficiently perform the practical applications of class planning and preparation. At World Peace Yoga School, our students will learn how to create a positive and peaceful class environment for an enjoyable and transformative experience.
- 1- Positive & conscious communication.
- 2- Friendship and trust.
- 3- Time management
- 4- Qualities of a teacher
- 5- Principles of demonstrating, observation, assisting, correcting.
- 6- Use of voice in class
- 7- Mental & emotional preparation for teaching.
- 8- Class preparation
- 9- Step by step class structure planning.
- Assessments are based on:
- Written Test
- *A Yoga Alliance USA-Certified Yoga Teacher Training Program
- What Makes Our Program One-of-a-Kind
Initiation and Blessings (Transmission of Energy) — Students begin their life-changing journey with a beautiful and magical fire ceremony conducted by our loving founder, Yogi Vishnu. After initiation, you will be deeply connected to the mystical energies of the Himalayan yogic legacy.
Direct Teachings from World-Class Teachers — World Peace Yoga School focuses on providing students with small, intimate class settings for individualized and personalized attention from our beloved teachers. The student’s classes are located at the same building as their accommodations, so teachers are easily accessible to students throughout the day.
“Sundates” – Every Sunday, students take a break from their yoga classes to explore the many tourist destinations in and around Rishikesh. Excursions include rafting the Ganga River, visiting the Beatles Ashram, exploring the natural treasures of the area (like caves, river beaches and waterfalls) and meditating at Kunjapuri Temple during sunrise.
An Inspiring and Welcoming Community — Every teacher and staff member of World Peace Yoga School is passionate and committed to providing the best possible experience for every student. World Peace Yoga School is a spiritual hub for knowledge seekers to grow and nourish their souls. It’s a community built on love, enthusiasm and a profound belief in the transformative powers of yoga. We believe in not just doing yoga but living yoga.
Modern Facilities Right Next to the Ganga River — World Peace Yoga School prides itself on cleanliness and providing students with a peaceful learning environment. We are extremely grateful to be located so closely to the Ganga River with its serene and magical energy wafting onto our property. Our yoga halls are bright, colorful and modern with a gorgeous Ganga view and a literary library available for students. Nirvana Cafe inside our school also has nightly movie showings of both Hollywood and Bollywood movies for students to watch.
- Discipline Rules for Students
- Smoking and alcohol are strictly prohibited in the school.
- If you are having a fast any day, you have to inform kitchen manager for avoiding food waste.
- Always make discipline, respect teachers and follow all rules.
- Always be in the time, you are late means will not be permitted to join class.
- Clear your books of account before departure from World Peace Yoga School.
- Before departure return your books, maps or any goods which you borrowed.
- World Peace Yoga School provides accommodation for a student who join yoga classes. So any friends or relatives will not be included in accommodation.
- Student have to present in all scheduled program of World Peace Yoga School.
- Refund Policy - World Peace Yoga School
- An advance of a course fees will not be refundable, only in the case of emergency students can join us on other schedules.
- If student cancel the course, we accept cancellation but advance deposit will not be refund in cancellation.
- There is no charge of course cancellation. Student just has to inform by email.
- World Peace Yoga School is not responsible for any mishappenings before course schedule.