Based in Atlanta, GA, Christy has over 1000 hours of yoga training in many styles and elements and over 3500 hours and 10 years of teaching yoga to students and teachers. She has a masters degree in education and has also taught gymnastics, cheerleading, and computer classes to both children and adults over the last 30 years. Her understanding of how people learn means that material is presented thoughtfully and thoroughly for a variety of audiences.
- Current or past yoga classes at Giving Tree Yoga, World Gym Smyrna, Vita-Prana Yoga (closed), Oni Fitness (closed), Play Hard Gym, The Atlanta Speech School (for staff), Google Corporate Austell, Buckhead Gymnastics, Coca-Cola, and The Galleria Athletic Club.
- Designed Current 200-Hour (RYS) Yoga Teacher Training Program at Giving Tree Yoga in Smyrna (fourth iteration coming in 2022)
- Co-designed a Yoga Alliance Registered 200-Hour (RYS200) Yoga Teacher Training Program: Conducted Spring/Summer 2015 (15 graduates)
- Styles: Chair, Gentle, Hatha, Power, Restorative, Vinyasa, Yin
- Workshops Given: The Basics of Teaching Yin Yoga, The Basics of Teaching Restorative Yoga, Yoga for a Healthy Back, Yoga for Health: Understanding Headaches, Yin Yoga and the Energy Body, Sun Salutation Workshop, Chair Yoga Workshop, Stress and the Mind/Body Connection
Testimonials from graduates of her 200 Teacher Training Program:
"You made this teacher training program a life-changing experience for us. It would not have been the same if not for you selflessly giving us your time, your energy, your patience, and your kindness - with no questions asked."
"You not only led by example, but you created a program which held us to a high standard as teachers."
"Thank you for always being authentic! You are the one I trust to be honest & transparent. Your depth of knowledge about all things yoga - not just the asana but the "fascinating parts" are really what helped inspire me to want to do yoga teacher training."
"Thank you for your knowledge, humor, and caring disposition. This experience was made by your generosity of words and your innate ability to teach. Your words have sculpted my new mantra, "Teach what you know, you have a great network for what you don't, give thanks to who taught you, be true to yourself, and keep learning and growing."