The Kaivalya Yoga Method has been formulated after over a decade of dedicated study and research and teaching experience. It is a comprehensive compilation of the fundamentals of yoga directed at creating teachers who can translate this ancient practice for a modern-day audience while staying true to yoga’s highest aim.
As a graduate, you will receive:
- A top-quality, advanced level education that exceeds Yoga Alliance standards of training, and is designed to empower today’s teachers to intelligently work with and inspire students
- Personalized training by Alanna Kaivalya in the fields of Alignment, Philosophy, Teaching Methodology, Sequencing, Psychology, Mythology and more
- One-on-one instruction in an environment committed to learning, development and real integration and application of skills
- A comprehensive in-depth manual for each module
- 200, 300, or 500-hour Registered Yoga Teacher eligibility with Yoga Alliance.
TKYM TRAINING MODULES
Alchemical Sequencing and the Subtle Body
- Learn and practice applied sequencing techniques with direct focus on the application to yoga practice and working intelligently with students
- Subtle Anatomy including extensive work with the chakra system for aligning the energetic body
- Understand how to be creative yet safe within your sequencing while working with the mechanics of the body and seeing through the asana to create sequences that stretch, strengthen and invigorate the whole person
- Successful teaching skills including: vocal training and concise cueing
Yoga Sutra, Philosophy & Psychology
- Yoga Philosophy including: Yoga Sutra, Bhagavad Gita, and an exploration of Upanishadic & Puranic texts
- Learn the basics of depth psychology and its essential addition to the yoga practice in order to aid in more complete psychological and spiritual transformation
- Understand how to weave the essential philosophy of yoga into your teaching to give students a fuller experience of a holistic, transformational yoga practice
Insightful Alignment and Anatomy
- Learn the “holes” in asana practice and how to fill them with a deep intelligence of alignment and body mechanics
- Through the techniques of insightful alignment, you will learn the universal application of intelligent alignment in almost every posture in the asana practice
- Learn how to work with a wide variety of special needs to serve students from a variety of backgrounds and levels
- Fluidly work with the body as a tool to allow students greater comfort in their practice of asana through thinking outside the box with modifications, props, adjustments and alignment
Bhakti, Mythology & Nada Yoga
- Discover the magic of music, kirtan and chant as part of a complete transformational yoga practice, and how to weave these elements seamlessly into your teaching practice
- Understand the power of meditation and how to teach it to a wide range of students
- Explore more deeply the sacred myths of yoga from the Ramayana, the Puranas and other texts
Begin your coursework today!
Individual modules may also be taken for continuing education credits.