Bodhi Yoga™ is a style of yoga that benefits beginners and challenges advanced students of any age or ability. The Bodhi Yoga style is an evolved way of understanding what yoga is, and what it can do for you, as well as, how to use that knowledge in an applicable way to any yoga practice.
Using time under tension
Bodhi Yoga™ is a slower paced yoga, where we teach you to pay as much attention to how you move in and out of the yoga poses, as being in the postures themselves. Our focus is on creating the space for increased stamina, resilience and awareness in your practice and your life. When we slow down our breath and movement together, the intensity and focus of your practice deepens into something brand new; a style of practice that fosters both emotional intelligence and appreciation. In yoga this is called: "Sat Chit Ananda"--
The Intelligent Awareness of Bliss
A Practice of Abundance
“Bodhi” is a sanskrit word that means “Awakening”. At Bodhi Yoga™ our practice is designed to help you be more aware; better able to notice and understand how your yoga moves your body, mind, emotions and spirit toward a place of balance and abundance. Over time, the result is that you are able to naturally increase your tolerance for that wonderful awareness. We honor your yoga practice as a great tool to bring the abundance you learn in class, outward to enrich every other area of your life.
Sanskrit for “Completion”
The Bodhi Yoga™ logo is a mandala, based on the center of the “Wheel of Dharma” (one of the oldest symbols for spirituality) with spokes that bring truth from all directions into its center wheel.
Using mandalas as a focal point in meditation, is said to activate, re-pattern, and connect-up a psychic blueprint for balance and awakening.
- The Bodhi mandala not only represents a Lotus (traditional Yoga symbol for infinity), it also resembles the retina of an eye; as Bodhi is the Sanskrit word for Awakening.
- The parallel line border represents the logic aspect of the mind. The points of the twelve petals represent the dynamic, fire aspect of the personality.
- The curves on the petals represent the soft, watering flow between the conscious mind and the psyche, the physical world and the Absolute reality of the realms of the Spirit.
- The garland of 24 small circles (two for each petal), represent a bright outlook and joy in completion-coming full circle in every aspect of interplay between masculine and feminine, yin and yang, ebb and flow.
- The center ring of circles are a reminder that time is not a linear line but a never-ending spiral through consciousness.
Combined, these various aspects become a symbolic, visual template for a complete human being, who can live balanced in the healthiest way possible between the spiritual and physical world. Practicing Bodhi Yoga™ helps you add value and authenticity to both mind and body.