The Bhrigu Yoga School teaches various aspects of Yoga, while closely following ancient yogic traditions. The central focus in our school is Raja Yoga. Today, the knowledge is passed on directly by Dr. Shri Brahma Gopal Bhaduri, and his senior disciple, Shivshankar Tripathi [Shibuji], who all live in Varanasi, India.
Sri Brahma Gopal Bhaduri
These great teachers are the successors of an ancient Yoga tradition, which was passed on from master to disciple during the centuries. One characteristic of this branch of Yoga is that it is tailored specifically for householders. It therefore suits those who wish to practice Yoga while having a familial and social life.
Raja Yoga is based on series of exercises that lead to a high state of concentration and inner peace. They generate a strong foundation for self-exploration, which is the high purpose of Yoga. These are the main subjects learned in the Bhrigu Yoga School –
- Bhrigu Yoga
- Raja Yoga - Inner exploration through concentration and control of consciousness.
- Hatha Yoga – Prana Yama [breathing exercises], Asanas [postures], Bandas [locks] and Mudras.
- Philosophy – The philosophy of Yoga and its application in modern daily life.
- Feldenkrais and Yoga – Perfecting the body's motoric abilities in the various postures [Asanas], using the Feldenkrais method.
- Chakras – Concentration on the different charkas, combined with gongs and Tibetan bowls.
- Yoga Instructors Training Programs - The Bhrigu Yoga School also offers Yoga Instructors Training Programs for both regular and special needs populations. As part of their training, participants of these courses experience yoga lessons for mentally retarded and autistic children, in collaboration with the Israeli Ministry of Social Welfare.