Shannon Michael Pater (@NoticeJourney), Psy.D., E-RYT-500, is a trauma-informed restorative yoga teacher and spiritual director.
His ongoing research in yoga, neuroscience, and spiritual practice from the world's Wisdom Traditions focuses primarily on rediscovering and recovering a deep connection ("yoga") to our selves, each other, and the planet. He believes that our breath is our primary teacher and that our bodies are a sacred library of memories.
In addition to yoga, his spiritual practices include poetry, Miksang photography, and Ayurvedic studies. After multiple trips to India, in early 2019 he sold, donated, or gave away most of what "owned him" and set out on a long-pilgrimage to South Asia on a "one-way ticket."
He currently lives in Dharamshala, India, the home-in-exile of the Dalai Lama, and has an online private teaching and spiritual direction practice.
You can learn more about him and his personal and professional practice at his website: www.noticethejourney.com.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- 300-hour YA Teacher Training (Advanced Studies), Asheville Yoga Center;
- 300-hour YA Teacher Training (Classic Hatha Studies), Chandra Yoga, Dharamshala, India;
- 200-hour YA Teacher Training, Asheville Yoga Center
- Certificate in Spiritual Direction, Hesychia School of Spiritual Direction;
- Diploma in Yoga, Reiki and Meditation;
- Cognitive-Based Compassion Training, Emory-Tibet Partnership;
- Doctorate of Psychology (Psy.D.);
- Master of Divinity (M.Div.);
- Master of Arts in Religion (M.A.R.)