I am a registered yoga teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance and had the privilege of completing my 200-hour yoga teacher training with Be Yoga (a registered yoga school). I live in South Africa and offer online and in-person yoga classes (private or group classes). I teach Vinyasa and Gentle (Slow) Flow yoga.
When I first started my yogic path, I fell in love with the philosophy, the process, and the person I was becoming. In just a short time, yoga has taught me so much.
FIVE LIFE LESSONS THAT I HAVE LEARNED ON MY JOURNEY:
- The power of imparting gratitude, saying a few kind words, and showing compassion to myself, allowed me to love who I was at that moment.
- Pausing my thoughts and then slowly counting my breaths had a profound calming effect over my body and mind.
- Even the tiniest intention set at the start of practice, would plant the necessary seed/s for the greatest impression on the mind. The downstream results always being optimistic thoughts and encouraging action as I aspired towards my intention and better self.
- Yoga always met me every day, of every week within my life. It was not waiting for me to be something more or something less. It accepted me for exactly how I was and welcomed me without prejudice.
- Practicing yoga invoked equilibrium between the mind, the body and the spirit (which I like to call the heart). Yoga is many things (not only the poses) and when these elements are incorporated together, you feel like the best version of yourself. It’s amazing what can be achieved with movement (the flow), holding poses, meditating, mindfulness, looking inward, looking outward, consciously breathing, and intention setting.
Each of these lessons has shaped me into the teacher I am today, and I cannot wait to share these lessons with you. I am dedicated to the growth of my students and helping them breakthrough their mental and/or physical barriers in order for them to achieve the best version of themself.
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions, feedback, want to discuss a yoga session, or would like to collaborate. My door is always open to you!
Connect with me via Email, Instagram, or Facebook to enquire about my classes and teachings.
Currently we have a live Vinyasa Slow Flow group class every Thursday evening from 6pm to 7pm SAST. If you would prefer a once-off or even a weekly private online yoga class, feel free to contact me so we can kickstart your yoga journey together.