Flo began his journey into yoga in 2015. Through his dedication from his daily personal yoga practice, Flo has found that yoga is the ideal way to build strength, improve recovery, create body awareness and control and improve well-being. Yoga reminds us of who we are and what we came on this earth for to do. Yoga is the way inwards, deep into the heart where all answers will be revealed. Flo is teaching yoga to help you live in peace, love, unity and strength.
Flo did his first 200 hour teacher training at Avatar Yoga in Rishikesh, India in 2016 where he was certified in Hatha yoga and focused on pranayama, meditation and his spiritual growth. He continued his education with trainings all around the world with Dylan Werner, Patrick Beach, Almut Schotte, Linda McGrath, Yo Phee and Tom Myers. He is a registered RYT500 and E-RYT200 yoga instructor, certified in Vinyasa Flow, Power yoga, Yin Yoga, the Functional Movement System level 1 and 2, Functional Range Conditioning Mobility and completed the Kinstretch continuing education training. Flo is also a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
His personal practice is a modern form of vinyasa, where he combines all his knowledge and specialties into a well-balanced elegant but challenging flow. In his classes he is mainfly focusing on mindful movement and living from the heart while offering physically challenging yet modern movements and transitions that help you increase self-awareness, strength, mobility and control. A strong practice like his needs to be grounded in a strong mindfulness meditation and breathwork practice. His mission is to encourage more men to step on the mat to recognize that there’s a lot more to yoga than stretching and that taking the journey into the heart is the most rewarding and challenging journey you can go on. You can find him on Instagram at @breatheandflow.
Training and Professional Study Includes:
- Avatar Yoga | 200h YTT
- YogaSource Los Gatos | 200h YTT
- Dylan Werner | Functional Movement
- Jo Phee | Yin Yoga & Myofascial Release
- Amber Henzi | Assists & Healing Touch
- Jennifer Schroeder | Restorative Yoga
- Tom Myers, Anatomy Trains | Advanced Anatomy
- Swami Prakash at Himalayan Yoga in Rishikesh India | Reiki Energy Healing
- Master Masayuki at Suai Thai Massage in Thailand | Reflexology & Deep Tissue Massage
- Functional Anatomy Systems, Hunter Cook | Functional Range Conditioning (FRC) Mobility Specialist
- Functional Anatomy Systems, Hunter Cook | Kinstretch
- Functional Movement System Certification Level 1 and 2
- Matt Darcy, Dave Camarillo, Guerrilla Jiu-Jitsu | BJJ Blue Belt
- Daniel Silva, Impacto Jiu-Jitsu | BJJ Purple Belt
- Matt Darcy, Dave Camarillo, Guerrilla Jiu-Jitsu | BJJ Brown Belt
What can you expect from his classes?
Flo teaches his vinyasa classes in an approachable but challenging flow with an emphasis of body control and strength building movements by utilization of the breath to carry his students through their practice. He encourages students to make this practice their own. Each one of us show up for ourselves and put in the work to make this world a better place. He is challenging the mind in strong movements and long holds while providing a safe, encouraging, and nonjudgmental environment where each individual can achieve their full potential. Knowing that the body benefits from movement while the mind benefits from stillness, he shares his philosophy of mental stillness through the fluidity of a strong practice.