YOGA & MEDITATION TEACHER
Kundalini, Hathayoga, Vinyasa, Yin, Athlete Yoga, Hot yoga
Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT®)
"Live, love & be happy."- Jona.
Over twenty years of daily yoga and meditation have led Finnish-born "YogaJona" Jona Dahlqvist, 18 time IRONMAN competitor and 4 time Hawaii Ironman World Championship finalist, to find success as an international yoga teacher and to make yoga her true passion in life.
Her professional specialisation is yoga tailor-made for athletes, with particular focus on mental skills training for sports. Having lived with yoga and meditation as part of her daily routine since 1992, Jona now uses yoga as a complement to her own triathlon training, as well as when coaching other athletes.
Today Jona lives and works in southern Sweden and is connected to a well developed network of international yoga professionals. Teaching, living, breathing and working with yoga, including running her own fully internationally recognised YogaJona Teacher Training, established in 2002, - means yoga for Jona has become a passion and a journey.
A personal and professional life journey which has led Jona on eight inspirational study trips to India and to complete comprehensive training in classical hathayoga, kundalini yoga, vinyasa yoga, hot yoga, seasonal yoga, pregnancy yoga and, naturally - yoga for sports coaching.
Jona is studio owner and teaches several yoga classes a week in Sweden, has private clients and, out in the field, teaches yoga to employees in the work place.
Jona teaches yoga to everyone, anytime and everywhere.
"Yoga provides me with a fantastic method for achieving fitness and I discover a much deeper meaning through my yoga.. Yoga brings me strength to navigate through life mindfully and with ease. I live with a sense of greater flow." -Jona
Jona is the author of 3 beautifully illustrated popular books on Yoga published in Sweden:
Yoga - anywhere and anytime (2009)
Kundalini Yoga Life (2011)
Yoga Meditation Inspiration (2015)
YogaJona Teacher Training, founded by Jona Dahlqvist, is a recognised member of Yoga Alliance®
Yoga Alliance® is a national credentialing organization which provides a set of educational standards for yoga schools ensuring schools provide adequate training to yoga teachers, enabling them to teach safely and competently.
This means YogaJona Yoga Teacher Traning, Sweden, follows international standards and guidlines for its teaching quality and content, and Jona's trainees gain the knowledge and skills necessary to teach yoga to a general population.
Successfully completing yoga teacher training means contact hours of 1 year's intensive training/ 200 hours over 8 weekends, and qualifies you internationally as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) and to register with Yoga Alliance® . You are offered the benefit of learning from a yoga teacher who has extensively applied that knowledge personally before instructing others.
With an international staff of inspirational instructors as well as Jona herself, YogaJona Yoga School has trained yoga teachers in southern Sweden since 2009 - aiming to inspire yogic lifestyle in everyday life and to communicate techniques that provide balance, energy, focus and awareness.
At YogaJona Teacher Training, Sweden, you gain a broad foundation of yoga training, valid all over the world; plus you get to teach the kind of yoga you love. Areas covered include:
Yoga positions. Breathing. Relaxation. Meditation, Mindfulness. Mantra. Anatomy. Chakra system. History. Philosophy. Research. Lifestyle. Ayurveda.
And on a personal note, Jona says…
- "I was first inspired by the Beatles and began my journey through yoga early on, using transcendental meditation.
- I have practised Tantrik Yoga according to Svami Janakananda, who was one of the first to introduce yoga into Scandinavia.
- I practise Kundalini Yoga according to Yogi Bhajan, who was among the first to introduce Kundalini Yoga to the west.
- I am a qualified Kundalini Yoga Instructor, Hathayoga Yoga Instructor och Vinyasa Yoga Instructor.
- I have experience of Ashtanga Yoga, Bikram Yoga och Sivananda Yoga.
- The type of yoga I teach is classic Kundalini Yoga, but I adapt the teaching and each class to the turn of the seasons, and to the time of year.
- I also teach Vinyasa Yoga. My flow classes too follow the rhythm of the seasons.
- All of which benefits us a great deal since our needs vary during the course of the year. By following the rhythm of the seasons in my yoga, we gain more balance and harmony in our daily lives.
- In secret I call my teaching Kundalini Flow Kundalini because it increases our life force. Flow because it flows with the turn of the seasons. "
Want to know more?…
What is Jona’s secret?
My five keys to success and victory through yoga are:
1) Improved flexibility
2) Greater strength
3) Better concentration
4) Faster recovery
5) Positive mindset
How have I been guided on my road to yoga and meditation?
- Daily meditation practice since 1992
- Hatha Yoga scholar since 1994
- 400-hrs Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training 2002-2004 (KRI Level 1)
- Advanced Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training 2008-2014 (KRI Level 2)
- 8 Yatras to Rishikesh, Dharamsala, Amritsar and New Delhi 2009-2014
- 500- hour Yoga Alliance teacher Traning Spain 2015 (RYT 500)
- Yinyoga and Hot yoga studies since 2015
"...I love yoga! :-)"- Jona