Hala Okeili is the founder of, and one of the main teachers at Sarvam Yoga. Sarvam Yoga was born from the idea of wanting to spread the message of Yoga, in all its limbs, yoga as a philosophy of life and a lifestyle. Sarvam Yoga is today the leading yoga studio in Lebanon, with more than 100 practitioners who come to practice everday.
Originally, Hala comes from a legal background, she worked as a corporate lawyer for 8 years, she has a Bachelor and Masters in Law from USJ & Aix- Marseille (France). But her love and passion for yoga, and her belief in adopting yoga as a complete lifestyle, lead her to drop her legal career for a higher purpose, teaching and spreading Yoga. She accumulated 500 hours of training in the Ashtanga Yoga and the Vinyasa Flow methods from Sampoorna Yoga, India, where she also taught and assisted in few teacher trainings. Hala constantly continues to expand her studying and knowledge, she practiced and studied with renowned teachers, such as Mark and Joanne Darby, David Williams, Eddie Stern, Kino Mcgregor, and many more. Today, she continues to study in KPJAYI, the traditional institute of Ashtanga Yoga, with her teacher Sharath Jois.
She is a young, energetic, dedicated and passionate yogini who’s determined on spreading the practice of Yoga first nationally then internationally, and making it available to as many. Hala believes that through the teachings of Yoga, we can bring the most out of the individual and eventually the society, we can empower and release positive and creative practitioners into society; individuals, who think differently, behave differently and move differently. Little by little, with time and numbers, we will be taking part in creating a new reality; a more open society – one with a flexible structure and freedom of belief – a society that accepts the unpredictable reality of change, and deals with it.
Some of Hala’s Achievements:
- Interviewed by MBC1 on the show Hamsa to talk about yoga, meditation and her journey.
- Featured in Telegraph India, the most read newspaper/magazine in India, as Beirut’s Yoga Ambassador.
- Featured and interviewed in “Yoga Life Middle East” magazine.
- Featured in Mondanite Magazine in a report on her yoga journey.
- Hala has a weekly segment on MTV Lebanon (every Friday at 9 am, Beirut time) to talk about yoga.
- In 2018, Hala was invited to teach the YPO, the Young Presidents Organization, one of the world’s biggest business leaders’ organization, in India, Kolkata. 80 YPO members participated in a two weeks yoga intensive with Hala.
- Hala teaches the kids of Ektara NGO in India. An NGO that enables the integration of the urban, slum dwelling minority community through holistic development.
- Hala becomes a brand ambassador to Liquido Active, an International yoga clothing brand, aiming to spread awareness about Yoga
- Hala launches Calvin Klein’s new fitness line in Lebanon in a social media campaign.
- Hala was Interviewed by the founder of Trini Foundation in Mysore to discuss her Yoga Journey.
- Hala partners up with Lipton Arabia to host yoga events, helping to spread awareness about yoga. 4 public yoga events were hosted by Hala and attended by 200 to 300 participants.
- Hala partners up with Sip Lebanon to host a public sunset yoga event as cross marketing tool between sip and Sarvam Yoga. Around 200 people attended.
- Hala partners up with Damour Beach to host a full day beach yoga full moon event as cross marketing tool between Damour Beach and Sarvam Yoga. Around 100 people attended.
- Hala planned and held more than 5 public free yoga events attended by 100 to 300 participants.
- Hala was one of the leading teachers in Beirut Yoga Festival.