About Whole Life Yoga Teacher Training
Do you believe that yoga is more than exercise? Has it transformed your life? Would you like to use the ancient tools of asana (postures), pranayama (breath work), and meditation to help others?
If so, Whole Life Yoga Teacher Training may be for you! Our 200 and advanced 300-hour programs utilize a multifaceted approach of weekly classes, monthly clinics, observation, private instruction, and independent study. We also include ample teaching practice, both in our teacher training classes and out in the community.
What Makes Whole Life Yoga Teacher Training Unique?
· Physical Adaptability: Our training program is designed to be accessible to all ages, body types, and experience levels. We invite fit, experienced yogis to attend, and we also embrace newer yogis and those with physical limitations and chronic conditions. Viniyoga is appropriate for Olympic-level athletes, weekend warriors, and relative couch potatoes. Our graduates range in age from late teens to late seventies.
· Practical Structure: Class meets one weekday evening a week and one Sunday a month for almost a year. This structure is specifically designed to meet the needs of working adults and full-time parents. Our “trickle approach” helps students integrate the teachings at a much deeper level than can be achieved in trainings with more compressed timeframes.
· Longevity and Experience: The director and primary instructor, Tracy Weber (E-RYT500, C-IAYT) has fifteen years experience leading yoga teacher trainings. She has certified 200 and 500-hour yoga teachers since 2003.
· Dedication to a Proven Tradition: Whole Life Yoga Teacher Training is taught exclusively in the Viniyoga tradition. This lineage has been handed down for generations in India and is known for its adaptability and focus on the breath.
· Commitment to Student Success: We believe in helping our students succeed, and we understand that life doesn’t always go according to plan. We do everything in our power to help our students learn, grow, and successfully complete the program. We believe in teaching Yoga for Real People ™ to yogis with real lives!
· Proven Financial Stability: Whole Life Yoga Teacher Training is both registered with Yoga Alliance and licensed as a private career school through the State of Washington. We have passed rigorous tests of business and financial stability, and your tuition is protected by the State of Washington. Simply put, your money is safe with us!
For more information about how to select the right yoga school for you, see this article on six considerations when choosing a yoga teacher training program:
View Blog Article
Students in Whole Life Yoga Teacher Training learn to:
· Build a grounded and well-balanced personal yoga practice.
· Apply yoga philosophy to their own lives.
· Adapt yoga poses to individual students using modern anatomy principles and ancient yoga teachings.
· Design multi-level group classes using the full breadth of yoga tools, including asana, pranayama, and meditation.
· Teach individuals and group classes safely and effectively.
Yoga is also about sangha (community). We focus on creating a supportive community of friends who share a deep love of yoga. Many of our graduates stay in close contact with their teacher training classmates for many years to come.
Whole Life Yoga Teacher Training is appropriate for:
· Yoga students of any age, yoga experience, or fitness level who want to deepen their yoga practice.
· Dedicated yoga practitioners who would like to teach at yoga studios, health clubs, community centers, and other venues.
· Health care practitioners interested in integrating yoga into their practice.
· Experienced yoga teachers who want to learn the Viniyoga methodology of customizing yoga to the needs of individual students.
Please see our website for detailed information about class dates, costs, and how to apply.
The Viniyoga approach is an ancient methodology for customizing yoga practices to individual student needs. This approach has been handed down for centuries in India. In the past 100 years, it has been sustained in India and expanded to Europe and the United States by Krishnamacharya and his son, TKV Desikachar. It has been effectively customized to US audiences through the work of Gary Kraftsow and others in the past 30+ years.
"Viniyoga...is the most highly customized form of yoga. Viniyoga teachers cater stretching positions to individual student needs and abilities. Function is stressed over form, with an emphasis on integrating the flow of movement of the breath with the movement of the spine."
April 23, 2001 edition of Time magazine
Viniyoga is a highly adaptable, meditative style of yoga that coordinates movement with the breath. It is a uniquely balancing form of yoga and can be used by people of all levels and physical abilities, including those with injury, illness, and limited mobility.