Five Points Yoga is a community home for all people who desire well-being, personal growth, health and a deeper sense of love for themselves and others.
Through the study of the eight limbs of yoga we encourage students to be who they are, do what they love and serve others.
Whether you feel called to share yoga as a teacher or simply to embark on a journey of self-discovery and transformation, Five Points Yoga's Teacher Training program offers an opportunity to cultivate a truly individual profound experience.
200 hour Offerings :
Explore the 8 limbs of yoga and how to practically apply them to your life
Attain a thorough understanding of the history and philosophy of yoga
Cultivate a deeper personal practice
Scientifically examine the anatomy of the body with a focus on major muscle groups
Learn pranayama (breathing) techniques and how to teach them
Develop the skills and confidence to sequence and teach a full length class
Learn to offer a safe yoga practice to a wide range of students
Gain the tools to market yourself as a yoga teacher
Embark on a journey of self discovery and introspection
Learn how to be more compassionate, kind and gentle towards yourself and others
300 hour Workshop Offerings :
- New Years Retreat with Shannon Ball & Anne Ethier
- Threads of Connection: The Subtle Anatomy of Fascia, Breath, & the Nervous System, Leah McKellop
- The Path of a Yogi with Gota Cebrero
- Tales of the Ganges : the Origins of Yoga with Gota Cebrero
- Creative Sequencing with Shannon Ball
- Pranayama, Kriyas, & the Subtle Body with Gota Cebrero
- The Art of Happinesswith Patty Pinckney
- Ethics with Heart (5 CEU’s available for mental health counselors)
- The Language of Touch
- The Business of Yoga with Patty Pinckney
- Using Props in Yoga: Beyond the Basicswith Chet Thomas
- Seasonal Ayurvedic Training: Springtime, Summer, Autumn & Winter w/ Elise Faust
- Introduction to Hands-on Adjustments
- Back-bending from the Pelviswith Leah McKellop
- The Core of our Limbs: Shoulders & Hips
- Meditation - Dhyana, the 7th Limb of Yoga
- Bhakti Yoga
- Making Yoga Accessible
- The Art of Language in Cues
Yoga is a doorway for spirituality, connection and community. It is a vehicle and platform to teach people to navigate their inner world.
The Five Points Yoga RYT200 and RYT300 Teacher Training Programs are registered with the Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga School (RYS) and upon completion you will be eligible to register with the Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) 200 hour or 300 hour certification.