School Staff Roles
Registered Yoga Schools (RYS®s) can allow others to access their account and assign them roles to assist with the administration of their school. The School Staff Roles available in RYS online accounts are:
Owners are the legal owners and/or legal representatives of a school applying to Yoga Alliance. For a nonprofit school, the chief employed executive or the chair of the board may act as the owner. Only Owners may create a RYS account, they must accept the RYS Ownership agreement and agree to the Code of Conduct and Yoga Therapy Policy. After a RYS account is created by an Owner, they:
- may add other Owners and/or assign School Staff Roles (such as Syllabus Manager, Program Manager or Profile Manager) to allow other staff to manage aspects of the RYS account.
- have full access to all role permissions within the RYS account
- are solely responsible for affirming that the RYS record is accurate and up-to-date with Yoga Alliance
- have full legal authority to make changes to the RYS account, including legal rights to the use of all syllabi associated with the RYS.
Syllabus Managers may create and/or edit tracks and syllabi for the RYS. Syllabus Managers may also:
- add and/or remove trainers,
- assign the roles of Program Managers and Profile Managers to the school’s account,
- submit payments for the RYS renewal and additional location profile listings, and
- confirm/deny/request Affiliate Relationships.
Program Managers may create, edit and manage the scheduled training programs for a RYS. Program Managers may also:
- enter/upload trainee information corresponding to a specific training program date,
- assign Lead Trainers and program locations to a specific training program date,
- edit additional location listings on the RYS profile, and
- confirm when a trainee completes a training by marking them as completed in the program trainee list or by confirming a training Program Confirmation Request through the RYS dashboard.
Profile Managers may create and edit the RYS public profile. Profile Managers may also:
- manage the RYS public profile publishing and privacy settings,
- add or remove pictures in RYS profile and the photo gallery,
- edit the RYS description in the About section,
- edit Additional Location Listings on the RYS profile, and
- add and edit the RYS teaching staff and types of yoga offered, which appear on the online profile.
Note: Owners, Syllabus Managers, Program Managers, and/or Profile Managers may access the RYS profile through their Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT®) account. If they are not RYTs, they must create a basic user account in order to be assigned a School Staff Role.
How to Assign School Staff Roles