New U.S. Liability Insurance Provider: Same Benefits, More Savings
Published: August 25, 2016
Starting September 1, our U.S. Liability Insurance program will be offered by Alliant Insurance Services. With this change comes some great news! Not only do you get the same great coverage you’ve come to expect from our program, but also we are able to offer this insurance more affordably than before. You’ll also enjoy new rates – at least $5 off your annual RYT premium when you purchase or renew your policy.
You may have noticed that the names of our two organizations are a bit similar, but that’s just coincidence. With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant is one of the nation’s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. Through a national network of offices, Alliant offers a comprehensive portfolio of insurance services for its clients.
What will Alliant’s insurance program cover?
As an RYT insured by Alliant, your plan will cover:
- Professional and general liability insurance
- Yoga modalities including aerial, suspension and paddleboard
- Medical payments and first aid expenses
- HIPAA/HITECH fines and penalties
- Product coverage
- Teaching at a yoga retreat/event
- Plus, more coverage on other professions such as massage therapy , Pilates, Reiki, fitness and others for an additional premium
- Free insurance coverage for up to four additional insureds (this can be locations where you teach, your landlord or leasing agent, etc.)
Coverage is also available for teaching courses at an international studio, retreat, or event for an additional premium.
What about RYSs?
Alliant covers not only RYTs, but also RYSs and studios. Alliant’s RYS coverage includes:
- High Limits
- Preferred rates for Yoga Alliance Members
- Program designed specifically for yoga businesses
- Event coverage for teaching at a yoga event
What do I need to do?
In short, nothing. If you purchased an insurance policy through the Yoga Alliance perk program from our former partner, Hays, Alliant will be contacting you very soon to help you transition your policy to this enhanced program. If you have any questions about this change and how it affects you, please contact Alliant at 1-855-827-9642 .