Julie is respected as a senior yoga teacher and is well known for her soothing voice and meditation recordings. Her work is featured on the leading meditation app, Insight Timer.
Yoga Nidra guided meditation is Julie’s calling. Seeing its positive effects is humbling and inspiring, and she loves how Yoga Nidra becomes a gateway for personal transformation. Her meditation recordings as Julie @yogaressa are enjoyed by thousands on Spotify, Insight Timer, Apple Music, Amazon, YouTube, Google Play and CD Baby.
Julie first discovered yoga in her home country of South Africa, and she welcomed yoga and meditation as a blueprint for balanced living during her career as a business executive in Europe and the US.
She has been teaching yoga and meditation in the US since 2007 and her yoga certifications include advanced yoga studies in India.
Julie is equal parts teacher, student, speaker, writer, and accomplished concert pianist (the last one is not true, except for in her vivid imagination). When she’s not immersed in meditation, yoga, and photography, you may find Julie cuddling dogs, nibbling chocolate, and watching Dancing With The Stars—true confession.
Yoga and Meditation Teaching Certifications:
- Living Yoga Program (RYT200), Austin, TX, USA, 2007
- Anusara Immersion with Betsey Downing and Jaye Martin, Garden of the Heart Yoga, Sarasota, FL 2008
- Kailash Tribal School of Yoga (RYT500), Himalayas, India, 2014
- Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra with Jennifer Reis, USA, May 2016
- 200 Hours Yoga Nidra Certification with Swami Yogaratna (E-RYT500), Shankar Prasad Ashram, India, 2018