Margaret Allen (she/her) has been expressing via movement since landing earth-side in 1989. Her life has been punctuated by various styles of physical artistry including gymnastics, classical/modern dance, competitive diving, contemporary circus, dance acrobatics, hand balancing, and yoga. She holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in modern dance performance and choreography from Virginia Commonwealth University (Richmond, Virginia US; 2011) and a Professional Contemporary Circus Artist degree from FLIC Scuola di Circo (Turin, Italy; 2013). She has found herself in the studios, on the stages, and in the streets of Chile, Trinidad, Mexico, Italy, Spain, France, the Czech Republic, The Netherlands, Guatemala, and along the east coast of the US, her home country. Residing in Richmond, Virginia, she has turned the majority of her professional attention to both the study and teaching of yoga in the styles of Vinyasa, Power, Rocket, Yin, and Restorative.
The Covid-19 pandemic pushed her to create and develop her own online platform: "The Hermit Lab." Find more information on her website!
Her yoga qualifications:
- 300-hr YTT (2019): Bodhi Yoga Academy
- 200-hr YTT (2015): Dancing Mind Yoga
- Yin Certification (2015): Dancing Mind Yoga
- 50-hr Rocket Yoga (2017): The Yoga Dojo
- 50-hr Advanced Vinyasa & Meditation (2018): Irene Pappas
- 50-hr Handstands & Contortion (2021-2022): Irene Pappas
- 19-hr Pre-Post Natal Continuing Education (2020): Suzanne Burns
- Trauma Informed Yoga Teacher Training (2019): Suzanne Burns
- Baptiste Assisting Course (2019): Baptiste Institute
- Baptiste Teaching Course (2019): Baptiste Institute