Sandra Krzyzanowski (Sandy “K” will do!) is a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance, which acknowledges the completion of a yoga teacher training with an approved and active Registered Yoga School (RYS).
I am the owner/founder of Better Day Yoga LLC. In addition to Hatha Yoga in the Vinyasa style, Better Day Yoga also offers Meditation/Breathwork classes for focus, clarity, stress-relief and mindfulness, as well as Facial Exercise classes to turn back the hands of time and add muscle tone and a fresh glow to your complexion. On-Site Corporate programs are also available.
I’ve practiced Yoga for over 20 years & have been teaching since 2008 in studio, corporate, & high school settings. I am an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT 200, RYT 500®) with two separate certifications: YogaFit® (200 hrs RYT), 500-hour RYT certification is through YogaFit® (200 hour + 300 hour program all through YogaFit®).
I have completed YogaFit's 140-hour Warriors Program training (designed to address the stressors and traumas that are unique to our military community). Other certifications and trainings:
• A.C.E.Certified Personal Trainer (since 1997)
• HealthyEating and Weight Loss Coach
• Reiki practitioner.
• Heartsaver® AED through the American Heart Assoc.
• Degrees 1-3 in the Oshune Reiki® method
• Levels I & II Yoga Nidra (50 hours each level) with Indu Arora
• Yogahealer’sLiving Ayurveda 9-month course/”Master of Living Ayurveda” certificate
• Mind BodySolutions Opening Yoga Levels I & II adaptive yoga training
In partnership with the Women Veterans Initiative (WVI), I have offered trauma-informed yoga classes for female Veterans and their guest. If you're a female Minnesota Veteran and are interested in partnering with this organization to bring my trauma-informed yoga class to your location, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd like to bring a trauma-informed yoga class to your location in the Twin Cities, MN area, please contact me! I also volunteer my time to the WVI at their other functions such as their annual "Salute to Women Veterans" and "A Taste of Wellness: Retreat for Women Veterans".
• Guest speaker on topics including the health and stress-relief benefits of Yoga and meditation
• Columnist for Yogamint,
• Contributor to several blogs now no longer publishing: “the bloated belly” food blog, Prana Pages blog (no longer publishing), as well as Whispers of Spirit online (no longer publishing)
• My own blog/newsletter
I offer modifications for all levels in a safe, non-competitive environment and strive to communicate the YogaFit® Essence: “Breathing, Feeling, Listening to the body, Letting go of Competition, Judgment, and Expectations. Staying present in the moment.” I consider each and every one of my students a blessing in my life; and am committed to learn, grow, and teach with a positive intent and positive energy. Thank you for your interest in Better Day Yoga, LLC!