An E-RYT 500, RPYT, YACEP, and C-IAYT, I began meditating and practicing yoga in the 70's and teaching yoga in 1999. From over 20 years of study in alignment-based yoga, my teaching focuses on anatomy, biomechanics, and integrative body/mind principles. Ever the student, I continue to study practical applications integrating therapeutic essentials of alignment-based yoga with Western holistic approaches to general health and wellbeing.
I am a C-IAYT Certified Yoga Therpaist, Certified Warriors at Ease teacher, a Certified iRest® Yoga Nidra teacher, Certified Y4A: Yoga for Amputees Master Teacher Trainer, and am Cancer Exercise Specialist trained. I also am co-director of the Yoga Center of Columbia’s Yoga Teacher Training 200 program (YTT 200), and an adjunct teacher for their Yoga Teacher Training 300 program.
I teach classes, workshops, and private lessons focusing on trauma-sensitive yoga and meditation, on adaptive yoga for students with post traumatic stress, traumatic brain injury, amputation, or other special conditions, and on patients and survivors of cancer. My home studio is the Yoga Center of Columbia, www.columbiayoga.com
Highlights of Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
23 years as Yoga Teacher, including:
• 20 years teaching therapeutic elements of alignment-based yoga (seven as Certified Anusara Yoga® Teacher).
• 15 years adjunct teacher of yoga teachers, including 9 years as adjunct teacher of Yoga Teacher Training 200 (RYT 200), 5 years as adjunct teacher of YTT 300 (RYT 500), and 8 years teaching continuing education for teachers.
• 3 years co-director/teacher of advanced Yoga Study Immersion.
• 17 years developing/teaching workshops and retreats.
Currently teaching - 4 public classes, 1 amputee class, private lessons, workshops, YTT 200 program (co-director), YTT 300 program, Continuing Education for Yoga Teachers
• Certified Anusara Yoga Teacher – September 2004 – February 2012
• Duke Integrative Medicine, Certificate, Integrative Yoga for Seniors Professional Training, Nov 2011
• Swatantrya Yoga Training, Certificates – 2012 - 2013
• Certified Warriors at Ease Teacher – June 2013
• Cancer Exercise Specialist, Certificate – May 2014
• Warriors at Ease Program Coordinator, Resiliency Yoga, Ft. Meade, MD - February 2015 to December 2019
• Prison Yoga Project Teacher Training, Certificate – May 2016
• Warriors at Ease, Regional Progam Coordinator, Maryland - January 2017 to December 2019
• Certified iRest® Yoga Nidra meditation teacher – February 2017
• Certified Y4A: Yoga for Amputees Master Teacher Trainer - 2018
• Sensory Enhanced Yoga Institute, SEYI, trained, 2019
• Certified, Yoga for Lower Back Pain, Dr. Loren Fishman Method, September 2019
• Certified, Yoga vs. Osteoporosis I, Dr. Loren Fishman Method, October 2021
• BS, Organizational Behavior, Columbia Union College, 1987
• Masters in Public Financial Management, MPFM, American University, 1990
• Yoga Alliance, 2001 – present
• IAYT – 2002 – present
• Mid-Atlantic Yoga Association – 2000 – 2007 (Treasurer 2001-2002)
Earlier (Non-Yoga) Career Experience:
• Department of the Navy – 1970 – 1991 – Budget, Program, Cost, and Management Analyst, Researcher, and Program Manager
• Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) – 1991- 2003 – Assistant Director, Financial Policy Analyst
• Certified Government Financial Manager, CGFM, retired
To contact me, please visit my website: www.lucylomax.com