Kathy Ward is a Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT) and the Director of Training for Mindful Academy International a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School (RYS) The school runs 200hr Mindful Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, 200hr Mindfulness MBSR Teacher Training, Mindfulness Yin Yoga Teacher Training, and live online MBSR 8 Week Mindfulness courses.
Kathy has been practicing yoga for over 35 years. She took her first teacher training with the British School of Yoga in 2004 and went on to train as a Hatha Yoga Teacher and PYT with IYT Integrative Yoga in the USA and Brazil 2005. She has diplomas in Clinical Hypnotherapy and NLP Coaching with CBT, and Coach.
Kathy trained as a Mindfulness MBSR Meditation Teacher, MBCT for Cancer Meditation Teacher, and MBSR/MBCT Meditation Supervisor at the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) School of Psychology, Bangor University. Admission to the programmes is limited to those with extensive professional experience and a solid meditation practice. She also follows the Good Practice Guidelines for Mindfulness Teachers and Trainers of Mindfulness-based courses and is also registered with the Mindfulness Network UK as a Registered MBSR/MBCT Teacher.
Kathy has over 35 years experience in Developing People, writing and delivering Training Packages, Workshops and Conferences, Coaching and Telephone Coaching including utilizing the Mindfulness-based Interventions Teaching Assessment Criteria MBI-TAC, and an in-depth training in Mind-Body work specializing in Stress Related illness. She now runs Yoga Teacher Training Courses, Mindfulness MBSR Meditation Teacher Training Courses, Yoga Workshops and Yoga Holidays that blend the skills together. She also keeps a close eye on the latest research Mind-Body research and incorporates the latest developments, for example using yoga based stress management techniques, the power of positive visualisations with Cancer and other chronic illnesses, Brainwave entrainment and Biofeedback for rapid and long lasting personal change and improved Well-Being.
She has been published in Female Focus, Mind Body Spirit and Golfers Link. She is dedicated to helping others on their individual journey to wellness and developing their true potential. She currently holds the following:-
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher ERYT500
- Senior Yoga Teacher (SYT)
- PYT 500
- MBSR and MBCT Cancer Mindfulness Teacher Professional Training, and MBSR/MBCT Supervisor Training with The Centre of Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) Prifysgol Bangor University
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy and NLP Coaching with CBT and Coach Dip.C.Hyp.NLP
- Validated Practitioner with the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council
- Due to language restrictions, some courses have had to be removed. For full information please visit my website www.mindfulacademyint.com
- Meditation, Pranayama, Mudra and Pranic practices
- Yin Yoga
- Yoga and Ayurveda
- Restorative Yoga
- Somatic Yoga Rehabilitation
- Meridian Theory and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Life Coach
- Performance Coaching
- Stress Management
Kathy is a Professional Member of the following organisations, she fully abides by their codes of ethics and practices: -
- Mindful Yoga Academy is a Yoga Alliance USA 200hr Registered School ID 86485, and Yoga Alliance UK 200hr Registered School
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (ERYT) meeting the Yoga Alliance standards at the experienced 500 hour level - ID 24646
- PYT supporting member of the IAYT - ID 20484
Kathy is progressively updating her skills and knowledge base to ensure she keeps up with the new developments in the complementary field including Mindfulness with CMRP at Bangor University.
Kathy Ward is a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance, which acknowledges the completion of a yoga teacher training with an approved and active Registered Yoga School (RYS).