I was born and grew up in a small town named Auppukkottai, in the Southern part of India. I started practicing yoga at the age of 14 in a traditional school "Thiruvalluvar Yoga and Naturopathy Centre". Almost 8 years I was with my Gurus "Sri. Alumuthu and Sri. Arunagiri" learning Ayurveda, asanas, philosophy, mythology and mantra yoga.
After I gain enough experience in my practice my guru allow me to be an assistant for him. During that period of time I learned a lot about teaching techniques and methodology.
In the year 2005, I was chosen to be a yoga instructor by “Yoga Plus” in Hong Kong. This new occurrence broadened my style of teaching to students from around the world. In 2009, I moved to Taiwan and started my teaching style in the name of Nirvana Yoga.
In the year 2010, I found my own school of yoga called “Nirvana Yoga & Ayurveda School” and started to travel around the island of Taiwan and other Asian countries to teach yoga, retreats, workshops, certification courses and also Teacher Trainings Courses in Yoga and Ayurveda.
Presently when not leading Teacher Trainings, Workshops or Retreats , I teach regular classes at my yoga studio in Taipei, Taiwan (https://nyastw2021.weebly.com/)
I am certified and qualified with:
- Yoga Alliance E-RYT 500
- 1995-2003: Learned Asanas, Siddha, Yoga Philosophy, Hindu Mythology and Bakthi Yoga (8 Years) in Thiruvalluver Yoga and Naturopathy Centre, Aruppukottai, India. (a traditional “gurukul” system of being and learning with master without certification)
- 2003: Yoga Teacher Training (6 Months) AUM Yoga Trust, Coimbatore, India.
- 2010: Niguma Yoga Teacher Training with Geshe Michael Roach
- 2011: Basic Ayurveda Massage Course (320 Hrs), Coonoor, India. Diploma in Yoga Teacher Training (1 Year), Manav Bharti University, India.
- 2012: Master Level Hatha Yoga Teacher Training (500 Hrs) Yoga Alliance International, India.
- 2013: P.G Diploma in Ayurvedic System (2 years), Kuttalam, India.
- 2014: Certificate Course on Ayurveda Literature (4 Months), NLAM, Mumbai, India.
- 2016: Certificate Course on The Philosophy of Yoga, Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies, UK.