Helen Mikuska is a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance, which acknowledges the completion of a yoga teacher training with an approved and active Registered Yoga School (RYS).
Helen Mikuska, E-RYT500, IYTA, SOYA, Wholistic and Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher.
Completed over 2,000 hours in yoga teacher trainings and attendance in yogic workshops.
- 2015; Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant, American Institute of Vedic Studies with Pandit Vamadeva Shastri.
- 2014 (ongoing); Currently enrolled in Yoga, Ayurveda, Mantra and Meditation Advanced Course, American Institute of Vedic Studies with Pandit Vamadeva Shastri.
- 2010; Purna Yoga Teacher Training with Aadil Palkhivala (Purna Yoga, Seattle).
- 2009; Yoga Teacher Training with Heaven on Earth Yogic Institute (Montreal).
- 2007 (and ongoing); Teacher of Mantra with Namadeva Acharya. Comprehensive course in Sanskrit Mantra. Covering basics of ancient Sanskrit Mantras for Spiritual and Material Attainment and for Dealing with Common Problems in Life.
- 2006; Certified with International Yoga Teacher's Association (IYTA) to teach internationally.
- 2006; Achieved E-RYT500 status with Yoga Alliance.
- 2006; Stott Pilates Intensive-Plus and Advanced Matwork courses.
- 2004; South Okanagan Yoga Academy (SOYA) RYT500 Yoga Teacher Training Program specializing in prenatal yoga.
- 2000; Two year diploma program in Food and Nutrition Management.
- 36 years experience in the fitness industry. AFLCA Group Exercise Specialty Leader in Mind/Body Designation, Aquatic Exercise and Older Adult Specialty Leader.
Helen is the owner of Harmony Yoga Pilates Studio which is the Calgary Satellite for the SOYA Yoga Teacher Training Program and offers an RYT200 Intensive Yoga Teacher Training Program. Also offered is an RYT300 Wholistic and Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher Training Program for those yoga teachers who wish to further their yogic studies. Program includes traditional yogic practices from Classical Hatha Yoga (Shatkarma, Bandhas, Pranayama, Meditation, Sanskrit Mantra, Mudra, Yantra, Chakra, Kosha, Vayus and Vinyasas and Asanas (restorative and specific to each individual), Meditation and Yoga Nidra. Ayurvedic principles (diet, doshas, and marmas) and Ayurvedic and Yogic counselling.
Helen has a deep desire to teach her students and yoga teacher trainees the eight limbs of yoga (Yamas, Niyamas, Asana, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana and Samadhi) to achieve the true spirit of hatha yoga, which will enable one to connect with the Divine and discover what they are looking for in life is actually already within them. Inspired by her Guru, Namadeva Acharya (Thomas Ashley-Farrand), to practice and teach Sanskrit Mantra. As a Bhakta her goal is to share mantra to all seekers who wish to connect to their soul.
As the body becomes more flexible and receptive, so does the mind. The regular practice of yoga will bring balance to both one’s physical and mental health, bringing harmony and open one’s heart to happiness and freedom.