FROG LOTUS YOGA INTERNATIONAL
Frog Lotus Yoga International (FLY) offers a thorough training with an emphasis on alignment, form and safety in Vinyasa Flow. Led by the school's founder Vidya Heisel, who has over 45 years of teaching experience, FLY as a school has been training yoga teachers for over 20 years, resulting in a skillfully refined, polished and comprehensive course. For many it is a profoundly transformational and life-affirming journey.
Our certification is respected internationally and you will be able to teach anywhere in the world with our Frog Lotus Yoga International yoga teacher trainings. Expect to leave the FLY yoga teacher training ready to teach and brimming with inspiration and enthusiasm for your new career. You will be given all the tools you need to become an excellent teacher and by the end of the course you will have over 4 hours of teaching practice, including two full 75 minute classes to some of your fellow trainees.
FLY IN NUMBERS:
- Over 3000 FLY graduates
- Over 100 Teacher Training successfully run
- Over 21 years of experience training teachers
- 1 Retreat Centre: Suryalila in Andalucia, Spain
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING SPAIN
Our three week intensive 200 hour yoga teacher training in Spain is located at Suryalila Retreat Centre. Nestled in the sun-kissed Spanish mountains, it is perfect for those looking for an intelligent and creative approach to yoga whilst being nurtured by a host of on-site facilities: 24/7 access to the saltwater pool, eco-sauna, delicious vegetarian meals lovingly prepared by professional chefs using fresh produce grown in the garden, beautiful yoga shalas and cosy accommodations to suit a variety of budgets.
By the end of the FLY Yoga Teacher Training you will not only be qualified to teach Vinyasa Flow Yoga but will also have the tools to create other styles of yoga classes, such as more basic Hatha, prenatal and restorative yoga.
TRAINING KEY POINTS:
- Learn from highly experienced teachers
- Gain in-depth knowledge on alignment and safety
- Get a strong grounding in Eastern Philosophy
- Receive support before and after the training
- Immerse yourself in a stunning location
- Eat organic vegetarian home cooked meals
When you enrol in a FLY yoga teacher training, you gain a lifetime access to an online pre-training package created by the lead teachers to help you prepare and embark on your yoga journey before you arrive.
- 2 articles on yoga & 1 interview on the 4 traditional branches of yoga
- 1 talk on resilience, 1 talk on meditation & 1 guided meditation
- 1 complete training manual & music for practice
- 6 intermediate vinyasa yoga classes & 1 restorative class
- Access to the FLY community
Upon graduation, you receive a support booklet to support you on your yoga journey after the training. You also have the opportunity to gain an online lifetime access to the whole content of your 200 hour yoga teacher training.
ABOUT FLY FOUNDER
Vidya Heisel is an internationally-renowned master yoga teacher with over 45 years of teaching experience as well as a deep and experienced knowledge of yogic philosophy and meditation. She studied and taught 6 years in India. Her early yoga teachers include Patricia Walden, Rodney Yee, Ana Forrest, Larry Schultz and Leslie Kaminoff.
She founded Frog Lotus Yoga International in 2000. Since, she has trained thousands of yoga teachers and led over a hundred 200 hour Yoga Teacher Trainings. After teaching around the world, she created her own yoga retreat centre: Suryalila, in Andalusia southern Spain.
- E-RYT 500
- SENIOR YOGA TEACHER
- TRAINER PRO
Standard of excellence
- Highly effective trainings and courses for teachers and aspiring teachers
Safety and Longevity
- Emphasise safety, accessibility and longevity for all levels of practitioners
Intelligent and Creative
- Skillfully teaching intelligent, inclusive and creative flow sequences
Life learning and growing
- Ongoing Mentorship, Support and Continuing education for all graduates
Philosophical perspective of Yoga
- Complete teachings of Yoga beyond the physical practice to engender personal understanding and transformation
Always respect everyone equally regardless of race, religion or sexual identification. Embrace diversity and observe policies that apply equally to everyone.
- Always treat your students with respect at all times both on and off the mat
- Be patient, understanding, modest and calm with your students
- Maintain a friendly professional distance from your students and direct them to professionals for advice
- Always be honest about your own level of experience, knowledge and physical limitations. Always be humble
Learn more about FLY values here
See what graduates say about FLY